3 giugno 2013

Behind the ancient walls


Dubrovnik, Croatia. It gotta be a good place.
A fortress on the sea, stone-paved streets, wheelbarrows falling from above.
Wheelbarrows?
Oh, no, that's another story.

Again. Dubrovnik, Croatia.
They filmed Game of Thrones here. King's Landing, to be precise. It's supposed to be a good place: warm climate, gentle wind, comfortable stones. The ideal environment for lizards. Also for big ones: there's stones of any size, here.
It seemed to be easy: getting there; catching the monster; coming back home; packing it up and putting it into the freezer, ready for the right moment. Or maybe in the oven.
I'm not quite sure which is the best way to conserve a dragon. To conserve it alive, I mean.
However, it wasn't as easy as I thought.

Some drawbacks hindered my pace. Evil people. Nasty, rude and presumptuous. Villains. Finnish. It had been a three days battle, a real culture clash. Struggling on points of view, interpretations and conceptions separated by much more than few thousands of kilometres. European Projects are much more demanding than how I'd ever supposed.
And Finnish girls are much more ugly than how I'd ever thought Scandinavian gals could be (don't tell 'em this, please) (in case you're a Finnish girl I'm joking, of course) (partially).
I think I eventually won the battle, though I'm not completely sure of that. This must also be a matter of interpretation, I guess. And I discovered that attending meetings with people from different countries doesn't really improve my view of the world. But, ok, this is definitely another story.

Dubrovnik, Croatia. Crystal clear water, nice sea-view restaurants, very well prepared tour guides. And no dragon on sight, not even a tiny little one. Just some frogs with bunny ears, those deplorable beasts. Quite useless, I'd say.
The hunting continues.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento